Elmview, a private non-profit organization, was started in 1965 by parents and community members concerned about people with developmental disabilities. Families whose children had grown up in the community banded together to provide organized activities built on the skills learned in school. Churches donated materials and space. Elmview was in operation.
From those beginnings in a church basement, we have grown to serve over 325 people in the Kittitas, Yakima, Grant and Chelan/Douglas counties. Vocational, residential, and in-school services are provided. With support from Elmview staff, people graduate from high school, live independently, and find and keep jobs.
- People will be served with respect for individual differences.
Services will support people to experience:
- Individual worth and development
- Personal power and choice
- The benefits of relationships with friends, family, and the community
- Integration and community participation